Tuesday, November 12, 2013

My Novel: Chapter 26

Chapter 26
To read chapter 26, scroll down. 
To get to know me better, the author, catch up on a little bit about my running and writing before heading on down to read the chapter.

Running:
One morning I was excited to run--it was raining! I love rain and running, so it was the perfect combination. It turned out as one of my shortest runs ever, and very disappointing. Less than 1 1/2 miles from home and near the crest of a hill beneath giant pine trees I saw a brilliant flash of light and thunder boomed on its heels. Three minutes later my husband showed up in car. Chicken me had called him.

Writing:
This novel, Secrets at Midnight, originally finished at a whopping 120,000 words! That's nearly double what any publisher wants, so it took months to chop 20,000 words off, and more months to finish at 89,000. This post is finishing near the 100,000 mark. I hope you enjoy it. Remember how I mentioned that word succinct? Yeah, I have a hard time with it, but accomplish it when necesssary.


At the moment the story is taking place in the rough mountains of Montana. I've been there and they look nothing like this photo my son snapped in Moab. Okay, maybe somewhat similar to the peaks in the far distance...

Secrets at Midnight
Leona Palmer Haag
Chapter 26

The heaviest burden Matt Jensen had ever carried had been placed on his shoulders the moment he'd chosen to take Jenn and her daughter to a safe house in Oregon. That order had been light compared to what Jenn dumped on him. He wasn't sure he could meet her request. Too much stood between them and survival. He silently nodded and looked away.


End Chapter 26

Hey, maybe I do understand the meaning of succinct! If you'd like, make a succinct comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment