Saturday, November 23, 2013

Life is Perfect, You Know!

Life is Perfect, you know!

Running:
I had the most awesome run yesterday. I chose my favorite 3 miles out, 3 miles back route. I walked the entire 3 miles out--and the weather was perfect. The fierce winds had abated and Mr. Sun controlled the skies again. It was incredible. And then I began my return segment. At the 1 mile from home mark I felt an endorphin high like none other I could remember. "This is the life! A perfect life!" my mind exclaimed. And it was. I had just run 2 miles home--2 miles! And had one more mile to go. And I did it because my body just couldn't walk anymore. So I had run. When I realized it--I was running, and running with ease, and the fact that my hubby might drive by that very spot at any moment on his way home from work, I resumed walking. It took tremendous effort. More self-control than imagined. My legs, lungs and heart were begging to continue running like little children who had spied a bag of candy just before dinner and couldn't stop begging and pleading and promising and whining. But guilty me ruled, so I walked. Walking, and getting my red face back to refreshing pink would mean avoiding a very long and angry lecture and my weak justifications in reply.

And then I woke up.

This was not the first time I dreamed about running. I've done it while awake and asleep. I seriously doubt it will be the last time, In fact, I hope not.

Writing:
I read blogs. Some are short, some longer. I've got a favorite "pretty me up" blog I follow, and then I often catch up on funny mom blogs (I can relate, although I'm "raising" Grands now, not my own little offspring). I read about organizing ups and downs and chicken farming, religion and other obscure topics. For entertainment. And education. And to laugh.

And I write my own blogs. This one began as running and writing, but I'm planning on expanding it. My other blog is private and has covered my ordinary, regular life. Since my running has stopped and writing took a vacation and might not return (wish I was still in Hawaii sometimes, or Europe, or Canada, or Mexico, or San Diego, or...) this blog may end up exposing the circles of my life--my silly side, the serious me, my put on an apron and cook up a storm side, and my camera happy snap a pic side.

For today, I'm sharing my perfect side:

 
My backyard doubles as a nature preserve. I feed all kinds of critters that migrate through, but only because I planted most of the salad bowl and didn't know what they didn't like back then. And since I got the bestest little point and click camera a little over a year ago, I've documented a large portion of my wild friends. Perfectly... Hey! Don't move so fast, beautiful, magnificent buck!

My adorable Grands have learned that when I whip out the camera it's time for perfect posing. They love to see themselves plastered all over the fridge. I take 10 times as many shots as most people. I just wish I could remember to take 20 times as many. So much for perfect again--and sticking this happy little guy on the fridge this week...

My little Grand is attached to his toys. Literally. There's always one hanging from his hand. Always! If anyone has this "Mousky" toy (it's a run on name for Mike and Wazousky) they know it has an annoying voice that makes snide comments. Just pull his leg and they begin. Dang, but being accidentally left outside through 3 rainstorms didn't kill his vocal chords!

This little Grand discovered the fine art of Dump & Run. But this time she didn't run, but climbed. "Help, help! Help me," she called from a wire shelf. My son and I came running to her aid and then stopped and laughed before we grabbed our cameras. Then we laughed and clicked and basically watched her figure out her own rescue. Yep, kids have got to learn the in's and out's of life's messes.

And finally, just to prove I have a wonderfully perfect life, here's a photo of the tasty filling for the tuna cheese swirls I whipped up for supper and planned to blog in mouth-watering full color. Hmm, the lighting is off. And I forgot to photograph the finished product. My husband renamed them Spinners. They were yummy and quickly consumed, so all was not lost.

That sums up a week of photos and success stories. 

And because Mousky was found, my Grand's eyes actually do open (I even taught him how to wink this week), the buck returned the next day (with his head behind the corner of the house this time as he nibbled on the last of the hollyhock stalks when the camera emerged), and my sweet Granddaughter helped sort a mountain of toys into boxes and bins, I guess my life is perfect. (Except I hit some key on accident and fatally killed my photo borders. Totally killed. I can't even put a colored line under them anymore. So sad...)

But that's okay. Life is still perfect, you know!



No comments:

Post a Comment